Engaging on LinkedIn
Good Job! You made it! You’ve created a LinkedIn Personal Page, and your LinkedIn Business Profile is ready.
It’s time to start engaging on the platform with relevant content. Еmployee advocacy can benefit both you as an employee and your company.
What should you share?
Here are some additional ideas:
• Celebrate your teammates’ accomplishments with posts to support them and your company. These posts show that you’re a team player who gives credit when credit is due.
• Share motivational speeches, quotes, books, or podcasts with your contacts. Tagging the authors will also benefit your profile. These posts can appeal to a larger audience and have a fantastic reach.
• Share videos or links to articles that pertain to your industry. You can create your own, referred to as native content, or share content from other industry thought leaders.
• Ask your connections a question and allow them to share their opinion. Polls are popular, entertaining, and a great way to learn more about your connections. They can be related to your field of work or interests, created for fun, or with the strategic goal of learning more about a specific question. A great way to determine what your followers want to see in your profile is to simply ask them.
• Is your company hiring? Share the job posting and highlight why you believe it is a great place to work.
• Take a look at the content being shared by your industry partners or associations and add your thoughts.
• Are you attending an industry event? Post about it! You could also use LinkedIn to invite colleagues.
Need Help Creating Your First Post?
Set an Achievable Goal for LinkedIn
At NextLevel Thinking, we believe that spending 5-10 minutes per week pays huge dividends on LinkedIn. So set a calendar reminder to check in on LinkedIn once a week. You might also want to set a timer for 10 minutes as you’ll likely enjoy the platform, and time could get away from you.
The NextLevel Thinking Team will also deliver links to recent company posts to your email inbox with suggestions to interact with them via the like, comment, or share features.
The LinkedIn mobile apps for Android and iPhone are easy to use and put your entire network at your fingertips. We recommend downloading the app and using it to post and connect with others. Our favorite feature is the digital business card. It is simple to use! You can open the card within the LinkedIn app by clicking the square in the search box and share your LinkedIn code with everyone you meet. This is extremely helpful at tradeshows or other events. Did we mention it is completely free?
Engaging on LinkedIn will benefit you
and your company by:
1. Increasing brand awareness and visibility
2. Raising business SEO rankings
3. Increasing chances of customer conversion
4. Improving brand authority
5. Humanizing your business
We cannot overemphasize the importance of social media marketing. However, its effectiveness for your business is dependent on you. The Team at NLT is here to help and support you. Please reach out to your account manager if you have additional questions or if you’d like to schedule a content brainstorming session.